“One of my favorite childhood memories is the delicious smell of my mother’s banana bread as it baked. I’ve made a few minor changes to my mom’s original recipe, and I hope your family likes it as much as mine does”. – Jane Reinhardt Martin, RD,LD
1 ¼ cups all-purpose unbleached flour
2/3 cup white sugar
2 tsps baking powder
¼ cup canola oil
¼ tsp salt
1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium or 2 large)
¼ cup skim milk
½ tsp vanilla
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
¾ cup stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
3. In food processor or bowl, mash bananas. Then add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla, and mix in well together.
4. Fold in chopped nuts and stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™).
5. Coat 8 ½ by 4 ½ inch loaf pan with non-stick spray.
6. Pour the batter in loaf pan. Bake for about 50-55 minutes until dark brown, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan on a rack for at least 10-15 minutes before unmolding to cool completely on the rack.
This recipe is taken from The Amazing Flax Cookbook, by Jane Reinhardt-Martin, RD, LD.
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup soymilk
1/2 cup stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™)
2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup fresh or frozen/thawed blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, stir the lemon juice, oil, sugar, vanilla, and soymilk with a whisk. Add the stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™). Sift in the flour, baking powder and soda. Stir well and add the blueberries. Mix gently with only a few strokes. Pour the batter into a lightly oiled loaf pan.
3. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes. (Longer if the blueberries are not fresh.)
Let cool before slicing.
From Flax: The Super Food
Flax Prairie Bread (bread machine)What’s that good smell!!!
1 1/4 cup water
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp honey
1/3 cup stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™)
2 tbsp canola oil
2 tbsp sunflower seeds (optional)
2 cups bread flour
1 tbsp poppy seeds (optional)
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp fast rising yeast
1. Measure ingredients and place in bread machine pan in order recommended by manufacturer.
2. Select Whole Wheat Rapid cycle.
3. When done, remove baked bread from pan and let cool on a wire rack.
Recipe used with permission from the Flax Council of Canada
Nominal shipping charges may be added for those customers with rural or extended rural address. Shipments to Arizona, California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, AA*, AE*, and AP* may incur additional charges based on the product weight.
Most products are shipped via UPS Ground. Some smaller packages may ship via UPS SurePost. Typical delivery time is 3-6 business days from date of shipment. Please note: UPS does not ship to P.O. boxes.
Prices Include Shipping To Most States. Nominal shipping charges may be added for those customers with rural or extended rural address and shipments to Arizona, California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, AA*, AE*, and AP*. *Phone Orders required for military addresses using “state” AA, AE, or AP – call toll free order line: 1-877-663-4203.
Omega Fields’ First Promise Delivery Program ensures your horse always has the nutrition necessary for a vibrant healthy life. Based on your horse’s unique needs, timely shipments of Omega Horseshine, Proventum, and Nibblers arrive ready to fuel your horse from sun up to sun down. Made in small batches at the mill in rural Wisconsin, Omega Fields’ products only use pure, honest ingredients stripping out fillers and sugars many national brands depend on.
Let us help keep the promise you made to your horse when they became a part of your life. Give the First Promise program a try. Omega Fields…Of One Heart.
Save up to 10% and get automatic delivery on your most frequent Omega Fields product orders!
Select an eligible item
Choose from our horse, dog, and chicken products
Choose “AutoShip & Save”
Select the product size (if applicable), click the AutoShip & Save option, and select the frequency of delivery
Click “Add to Cart”
Checkout and your subscription will be activated. Visit your “My Account” page to modify your subscriptions.
Please Note: You must have an account for active subscriptions. You may create an account during the checkout process.
Save up to 10% – on your entire order.
No upfront payment required – credit card charged only when item is shipped.
Cancel at any time – there are no commitments, obligations or hidden fees.
Customizable delivery schedule – change shipping intervals, add products, if running short – add 1x delivery, it’s all up to you!
100% Free Shipping on ALL Auto Ship & Save Orders*
*Excludes Canadian Horseshine® Orders