Flax Seed Crackers
- ½ cup stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™)
- 1 ½ cup l all-purpose unbleached flaxseed flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tsp butter, softened
- ½ cup skim milk
1. In bowl of stand-up mixer, add stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™), flour, baking powder, salt and butter. With the paddle attachment, mix on low speed until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
2. Stir in milk and mix until mixture forms a soft dough. (You can also mix the dough by hand.)
3. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill 10 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into quarters. Turn out onto a lightly floured board. Roll out very thin to a rectangle 2 mm (1/16 inch) thick. Cut into 2 ½ inch squares.
5. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
6. Repeat with the remainder of the dough.
7. Preheat oven to 325º F.
8. Bake 20 minutes until crisp and golden.
Onion: 1 tbsp powdered onion soup mix.
Cheese: 1 cup grated cheddar cheese.
Italian: 1 tbsp oregano and 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese.
Yield: 24 crackers
Serving Size: 1 - 2 ½ x 2 ½ inch cracker
To ORDER Simply Omega-3 or Mega Omega for this recipe >>