Fruity Flax Seed Morning Shake
- 8 oz soymilk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp freshly stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™)
- 1 tbsp Wheat Germ
Mix together in blender or hand mixer. If using fresh fruit rather than frozen, you may want to add a few ice cubes to chill the shake.
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (5 or 6 medium sized)
- 1 tablespoon sweetener, such as maple syrup or sugar
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™)
Mix all the ingredients in blender and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Add soy protein powder and increase the liquid ingredients.
- Substitute soy ice cream forthe soy milk, for an extra thick, extra rich smoothie.
- Add chocolate syrup.
- Add peanut butter or other nut butters.
- Add 1/2 cup soy yogurt.
- Substitute frozen blueberries and peaches for the banana and strawberries.
- Add strawberry jam if fresh or frozen strawberries are not available.
- Substitute vanilla-flavored soy milk and delete vanilla extract.
- Substitute other types of non-dairy milk—almond milk, rice milk, or oat milk.
- Substitute mango cubes, fresh or frozen, for the strawberries.
- Add wheat germ
If using fresh fruit rather than frozen, you may want to add a few ice cubes to chill the smoothies.
For a thicker smoothie, add more bananas. For a thinner smoothie, add fewer bananas.