Healthy Flax Seed Recipes - Appetizers
- 2 tablespoons stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups cooked Garbanzo Beans or 1 each 15 ounce can, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, shopped
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 to 2 tbsp Tamari or Bragg liquid aminos
1. In a small bowl, combine stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™) and water and let soak 10 minutes.
2. In a food processor, combine beans, lemon juice, Tahini, garlic, black pepper, cumin, cayenne, Tamari, and soaked flax. Process until smooth.
*If you don’t have Tamari or Braggs on hand, you may substitute soy sauce or 1/2 teaspoon salt.
From Veggie Life Magazine