Healthy Flax Seed Recipes - Vegetarian Entrees
- 1 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 7 tablespoons cold water
- 1 3/4 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 3 tablespoons Stabilized Ground Flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™). Add the flours, canola oil, and water.
2. To make the filling, cook the onions in the olive oil until browned. Combine them in a bowl with the 2 1/2 cups mashed potatoes, 2 tablespoons stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™), salt, and pepper.
3. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
4. Divide the dough in half. Roll out each half on a lightly floured surface until thin. Cut across and down to make 3 1/2 inch x 3-inch rectangles.
5. Place a heaping tablespoon of filling in a long thin line down the middle of each piece of cut dough. Fold up the ends and roll up so you can pinch to seal the edges. Place on a cookie sheet about 1 inch apart, and bake for 20 minutes.